We are delighted to welcome you to Hudson’s new home! Explore our services, our journey as one of Brisbane’s top financial planning companies, our property listings, news and articles, and more.
Market Update October 2017
5 October 2017
- The share markets continue to rise!, with the US market up around 2.7% in the last month, and the Australian market up over 3% since the start of the month (at time of writing).
- As anticipated, the Reserve Bank of Australia left interest rates unchanged at 1.5%. The official rate has now been held steady at this level for more than a year.
- The economy expanded 0.8% in the June quarter of 2017, taking the annual pace of growth to 1.8%. The expansion was supported by strength in net exports as well as domestic demand.
- In spite of more than 54,000 jobs being added in August, official statistics suggested that unemployment remained unchanged at 5.6%. The figure remains close to five-year lows.
- In September, most commodity prices moved lower. Iron ore, for example, fell almost 20% ahead of China’s National People’s Congress in October and on demand concerns given steel production cuts in China
The Napier Collection- Melbourne
29 November 2021
Hello again to our property group, A couple of months back I was talking about land for sale in Pelican Waters (Sunshine Coast) and I wanted to outline just how quickly Brisbane/coastal property is moving. The latest land offering in Pelican Waters, Navigator II, has all been sold within weeks of its release. There… View Article
Superannuation for Beginners – the Hudson Way
28 November 2021
Written by Kris Wrenn. Superannuation is money that is put aside for an individual, to be accessed around the time when they retire. The idea is then that these funds are used to (at least partially) replace the income earned from employment and cater for all various expenses in retirement. Most people receive Super “contributions” from an employer throughout their working life. However, self-employed (and even unemployed) individuals can make contributions into a Super fund.