We are delighted to welcome you to Hudson’s new home!! Explore our services, our journey as one of Brisbane’s top financial planning companies, our property listings, news and articles, and more!
Share market update March 2017
18 March 2017
- The Australian share market continues to climb, as at 30th March the All Ords closing at 5931, up 3.1% from 5751 on March 1st. (The market grew 2.3% in February).
- The Reserve Bank of Australia Board left the official cash rate on hold at 1.5% at their March meeting.
- Q4 2016 GDP results were released in February showing the Australian economy growing at an annual rate of 2.4%, up from 1.9% in Q3 2016.
- News flow in February continued to be dominated by two key themes in the US: the expected policy decisions and legislative timetable of President Trump, and the timing of the next move higher in interest rates by the US Federal Reserve. President Trump’s State of the Union address on 28 February didn’t include any specific details on tax reform. Instead, the speech revived campaign themes: replacement of Obamacare, a tax overhaul including lower corporate taxes and cuts for the middle class, $US1 trillion infrastructure investment and a sharp increase in defence spending.
- In European politics the focus remained on the French Presidential elections, with polling over the month indicating a tightening race between Marine Le Pen and the centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron.
- Economic news in China over the month focussed on continued signs of growing inflation pressures in the economy.
- The Australian dollar fell slightly from 0.77c to 0.76c (US).
- Commodity prices were mixed over February, as oil stabilised and an improving outlook for China drove some commodities higher. Oil prices rose 2.3% to $US54.0 a barrel, as did iron ore (up 9.5% to US$91.3 a tonne) and gold (up 3.1% to US$1,248 an ounce).
- Global developed equity markets continued to perform well over February with better economic data and the expectation of tax and regulatory reform. Global equities rose 2.6% in USD terms (+1.1% in AUD terms), while the US equity market reached all-time highs, rising a further 3.7%.
- Emerging market equities continued to recover their post US election losses rising 3.0% due to stability in the USD along with softer rhetoric around US trade policy and a better global growth outlook.
29 September 2021
I’ve enclosed the updated availability of the 7 apartments as at Friday the 24th of September 2021. They are all 3 bedroom apartments and range in price from $705,000 to $995,000. 5 are in Garden House and 2 are in Park House. This is the initial stage of Yeerongpilly Green of 87 apartments and 10… View Article
29 September 2021
Waterfront Opportunity With Direct Moreton Bay Access I’ve just helped one of my clients purchase in this new development and I felt it was one of those rare opportunities that was worth sharing with you all. An opportunity to purchase an absolute waterfront property with direct access to Moreton Bay, is the type of thing… View Article