Written by Juanita Wrenn
DCM and Roonsleigh are a quality Design and Construction team that can help our members, or their friends/family, achieve any of the following:
- Unit, Townhouse or House construction - pre-designed or custom designed.
- This can be investment or PPR.
- This can include the sourcing of land if need be.
- From initial blueprints to council approvals.
Hudson have partnered with Roonsleigh Constructions and DCM building Design to bring a new opportunity of house and land to our members. The entire process, from an investment strategy with your adviser, to securing finance, contracts being drawn up, designs, council approvals, right through to construction, and depreciation reports, is all done through this new relationship with Hudson. This relationship also allows us to help our members or members friends/family get into their first home or build their bespoke dream home. Our finance team can apply for the relevant Government grants and your Hudson adviser can work through cash flows with you to ensure that it fits within your financial plans.
Why use DCM/Roonsleigh?
- Their costs are kept competitive because Roonsliegh have lower overheads compared to the bigger construction companies, they have established relationships with building suppliers that give them access to the best rates on materials, and most importantly they have established a high quality estimating function that offers accurate budget feedback (with fixed pricing) before you even spend a cent.
- With such an accurate budgeting tool available, Hudson can help determine the ROI of a project, factoring in things like interest rates and rental yields.
- Contacts in council (Brisbane/Moreton Bay/Sunshine Coast) allow for quick turnaround (1-2 weeks).
- Turnaround time from settlement of land to start of build is around 3-4 weeks.
- Designer homes, pre-costed and ready to go, but also the ability to custom design. They have won multiple awards for their designs.
- Quality materials are used.
- Communication is important to DCM/Roonsleigh – they will email clients regularly to update them on their build.
- DCM/Roonsleigh and Hudson will work together to ensure cashflows, finance and all other build details go together smoothly.
- DCM/Roonsleigh can help source land for.
Hudson are now expanding our services and are in a position to take on new clients. If there is anyone that you know that may benefit from our new partnership please let them know and we can speak with them at no cost.
Read on to find out more about how our partnership with DCM/Roonsleigh can possibly help you. We offer four different scenarios below. Alternatively visit our website to browse some of their designs. Under the property tab on our web we have also outlined the designer home process and put up an example cash flow.
- FOR MEMBERS WHO WANT TO INVEST INTO THE BRISBANE PROPERTY MARKET THROUGH PURCHASING HOUSE AND LAND, OR MEMBERS WHO WANT TO BUILD THEIR OWN BESPOKE DREAM HOME
There are multiple opportunities here.
The first is where our members find a block of land in an inner city suburb Brisbane (or any suburb if for the purpose of your own home) and engage Roonsleigh/DCM to take on the build. Alternatively we can help you source the land if needed. They have a number of designer home products that are pre costed and ready to go, but they are also able to custom-design any build specific to your budget and potential site. Have a look on our website under property to look at some pictures of past builds Click here for the Website Link You will be surprised to see what sort of build they can do on land size as small as 350sqm. Before you even purchase the land Roonsliegh/DCM design team will first review the land you are proposing to buy to ensure that all planning related constraints are achievable. This is an entitlement to Hudson members or those that they refer and will be at no charge.
The second is a new dual living home. This home can be built on a very small block and offer two separate dwellings. The second one-bedroom dwelling could be used for a home office, a teenagers retreat, a granny annex, through to maximising rental yield for investors. This is a modern, spacious design that has been very well thought out.
The third is purchasing your own bespoke home. DCM/Roonsleigh will spend as much time as you need in order to get everything perfect, right down to the tap fittings. The process is the same for our investors, but the options can become a lot more bespoke to suit your lifestyle.
- FOR MEMBERS WHO WANT TO DEVELOP THEIR OWN UNITS / TOWNHOUSES ON THE BLOCK OF LAND
This is the first time that Hudson have been able to help our more sophisticated investor using the skills of Chris and James combined along with their highly experienced consultancy team. Roonsliegh/DCM are able to provide a reliable indication of the cost to build townhouses/medium density units on a block of land that our members have sourced. The advantage of using Roonsleigh for this sort of build is that Hudson members can review a prospective projects potential with regards to design options along with establishing accurate budget feedback to determine the feasibility/ROI of a project before spending a cent. Again, the contacts that DCM have made throughout Brisbane with council and town planning, help immensely in a project like this. A great opportunity for the right investor to capitalise on the design and construction experience of Roonsliegh/DCM. We can help with a buyers’ agent to source the land, but the concept is to keep the cost as streamlined as possible.
- FOR FIRST HOME BUYERS LOOKING TO PURCHASE IN BRISBANE AND ARE ACCESSING ALL OF THE GOVERNMENT GRANTS.
If you are able to find your own block of land, DCM can provide site feasibility assessment before purchase. Given that the land cost will have to be low in order to take advantage of all of the grants (need to keep total house and land build under $475,000 in Brisbane if accessing the first home loan deposit scheme), Roonsliegh/DCM are able to help source land if needs be, as they have contacts with developers in some of these areas that are in alignment. At the lower end of price, there are basically two styles of build, both around the $210,000 - $230,000 mark. This a great opportunity to get into the Brisbane property market for a first home buyer with a unique looking and quality home, that ticks all the boxes for the full offering of Government grants.
Start the process today - Book in with your Hudson advisor - call 1800 804 296.